Performance Viewing: Subscribe to VBCMA YouTube Channel
To kick start a new school year, VBCMA is streaming a one-song performance on its official YouTube channel! Over the summer, we have launched the Summer Stage Project and held an online workshop for the public to experience the joy of choral learning. Since the pandemic, VBCMA has developed online programmes that keep children engaged in music and socialising virtually. We have also established more cross-geo learning opportunities that add values to our online programmes. The Summer Stage Project is one of which that invites the public to perform with our signature VBC Academy Concert Choir online!
- Erasmus Baumgartner, Deputy Artistic Director of the Vienna Boys Choir, Austria
- Jessica Tsang, Project Creative Lead and VBCMA Conductor
- Gabriel Ma, VBCMA Conductor of Hong Kong Hope Through Music Children’s Choir
- Erasmus Baumgartner
- Wesley Sham, a Hong Kong member of Bruckner Choir of the Vienna Boys Choir
- VBC Academy Concert Choir
- Hong Kong Hope Through Music Children’s Choir
- Summer Stage Project Workshop Participants
Song: Siyahamba (We are Marching)
Siyahamba is one of the iconic songs performed by the VBC Academy Concert Choir. The song is probably a Zulu folk song that was widely known in South Africa. In Zulu language, Siyahamba means “We are Marching”. The lyric depicts a scene of the human race marching in the divine light of God. The light, signifying hope, has lend its beams to brighten situations throughout history. VBCMA hopes that all our students will have a bright fresh start in the new year to come!